Minimal lubrication technology is an innovative technology. As such, it is subject to many prejudices and rumors. Here you will find answers to the most common questions we receive. If you have any further questions, please call us. We will be happy to answer them.
- Minimum quantity lubrication (MQL) works with an air-lubricant mixture (aerosol) that contains only a very small amount of cooling lubricant (KSS).
- In this process, tiny droplets of lubricant are applied directly to the cutting edge. The targeted application creates an optimum lubricant film between the tool, workpiece and chip, which minimizes frictional heat before it is generated or dissipates it via the chip.
- When optimally adjusted, MQL is a loss or consumption lubrication. This means that almost 100 percent of the aerosol evaporates at the point of action.
The minimum quantity spray systems of the HPM technology reduce the liquid consumption in your process to a minimum. The aim is to supply the process with as little as possible but as much as necessary medium. In this way, the costs for the fluid used in your production can be reduced considerably. At the same time, the workpieces and chips remain dry. As a result, downstream cleaning processes can be partially eliminated (depending on the fluid used and the application). This saves costs, time and space.
In addition, employees are exposed to significantly lower emissions. In this way, the most important resource, people, can be sustainably protected. As a result, personnel costs can be reduced in the long term.
By reducing the friction between the tool and the workpiece, the generation of heat on the tool can be significantly reduced. This protects the tools and at the same time increases the tool life. In some cases, increases of 1000% can be realized. In addition, the dimensional accuracy of the workpieces is also improved.
When developing our products, we look back on over 70 years of experience in the development of spray heads and the associated systems. This enables us to ensure that your process functions with absolute process reliability in both metal-cutting and non-cutting machining. Our application engineers are always available to answer any questions you may have on the subject of setting up and using our systems.
Areas of application include:
- Drilling, turning, milling, chamfering, punching, die spraying, strip and coil wetting, forming, engraving, tube bending, roller wetting, spinning, nibbling, flow forming, fine blanking, threading, profiling, broaching, high speed machining, chain lubrication, grooving, deep drawing, coining, pressing, countersinking, rust prevention, grinding, finishing, preserving, cutting, sawing, punch wetting, reaming, punching, deep hole drilling
All systems of the HPM technology are designed in a modular principle. This means that, in addition to our standard devices, systems can also be configured to meet your specific needs and processes and remain absolutely attractive in terms of price. Depending on the application, we distinguish between pressureless and pressurized systems. Here, too, our application engineers are at your disposal for advice and assistance during project planning.
By increasing the spray air pressure, more liquid is demanded to the spray head. This means that, in addition to the setting on the spray head, the amount of liquid applied can also be regulated via the spray air pressure. In principle, our systems operate in the lower pressure range (from 0.5 bar). This prevents heavy misting of the liquid.
- HPM Technology is always one step ahead.
- HPM Technologie is a full-range supplier (equipment for external and internal lubrication, spray heads, fluids developed in-house, processes).
- HPM Technologie GmbH has specially trained application engineers who are specially trained beyond the lubrication tasks.